This widget is used to show the real-time value of any parameter added by the user. It is represented in a table where each row is a different parameter and only the axes used are displayed in columns.
Using the Display with the Inspector widget
The Display can be used in combination with the Inspector widget in order to modify the configuration of it. In this case, the properties available are:
- Representation: The user can choose if all the registers are displayed in decimal or hexadecimal representation.
- Refresh time: parameter that allows to configure the update rate of the changes in the parameters shown in the Display.
- Display Categories: Classify the registers added by its categories or show all of them as a raw list.
On click in any parameter of the Display, automatically the Inspector options will change in order to display its configuration options.
- Parameter: The represented register.
- Type: The user can choose how to display the register. The options available are:
- Number: Displayed in this example as an numerical value.
- Bar: Displays a bar with the range available for the register. More details in the "Bars" section.
- Representation: As the control general settings, the user can choose if the register selected is displayed in decimal or hexadecimal representation.
This type of visualization is only possible for registers that have numeric values (not enumerations).
Bar type is a mode of representation of parameters added in the Control widget.
- It is only allowed to set if the input values of the register selected are numeric (not enumerations).
It allows viewing the values dynamically inside the bar's range and it gives you a good idea of where exactly the value is inside the limits.
How to add registers to the Display
In order to add registers to the Display, the easiest way to do it is by using the "Add parameter" button at the bottom of the widget (see green box below). This will automatically add the first register in the list of registers available for the display (in this case, the "acceleration demand").
Since you probably wanted to add a different register, you can use the Inspector widget to change it. By clicking on the "acceleration demand" parameter you will open its settings in the Inspector and then you can use the "Parameter" field to change the displayed register for whatever register you want (green rectangle below).
As soon as you change the "Parameter" field in the Inspector, it will update the parameter in the Display and it will start to show the real-time value of the new register.
If what you are looking for is removing registers instead of adding them to the Display, then it is as east as right-clicking the register and selecting "Remove from display".
This action will remove all the axis added of the parameter at Display, the whole row will disappear.
Adding registers from Drive Explorer to Display/Control
An additional way of adding registers to the Control and Display widgets is from the Drive explorer. By right-clicking on the registers displayed in the Drive Explorer widgets, you can add them to the Control/Display widgets depending on the register type (RO, WO or RW):