This section is designed to input the basic data of your motor in the Control widget (green square in the picture below):
Parameters to configure:
- Pole pairs → number of pole pairs that your brushless motor has. If datasheets number of total poles, divide that number by 2. If using a brushed DC motor, this parameter is irrelevant.
- Rated current → rated current of your motor in A
- Commutation modulation:
- 0 or "Sinusoidal"→ sinusoidal commutation based on FOC (Brushless AC). Ideal when incremental encoder, SSI or BiSS-C is the commutation sensor.
- 1 or "Trapezoidal" → trapezoidal commutation (Brushless DC). It can only be used when Digital halls are the commutation sensor.
- 2 or "Single-phase" → for brushed DC commutation.
Once these 3 parameters are set, you can proceed to the next step.